My Gran's sausage and veg pie. Great tasting, no pastry required pie. Sausage and Apple Pie. by: Kate McDermott-Art of the Pie. All recipes Scrapbooks Sausage and veg.
The basic recipe came from my mother, but I've added a few ingredients. The flavors blend so well, and it even tastes good cold. This makes a hearty supper, especially when you serve it with a side of pasta. —Teresa Johnson, Peru, Illinois. You succeed toasting coddle My Gran's sausage and veg pie using 13 modus operandi moreover 4 including. Here is how you gain.
modus operandi of My Gran's sausage and veg pie
- You need of Filling :.
- You need 1 of large potato.
- Prepare 2-3 of medium sized carrots.
- Prepare 200 g of sausage meat.
- You need Squeeze of tomato puree.
- It's of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Small cup of water.
- It's of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Pie mix :.
- Prepare 70 g of flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 100 ml of milk.
- It's 4 of large table spoons of sunflower oil.
This Sausage Potato Pie is my one exception. This and a few other things I can think of off the top of my head. Like that luscious avocado toast with poached eggs and, errr, well, lemme think. yummy! I'm so making this with veg sausage!
My Gran's sausage and veg pie technique
- Peel and chop potatoes and carrots. Par boil in salted water for about 6-7 min. Drain and leave to cool. Make the pie mixture, which is a basic batter mix really! Mix together flour eggs and milk with a whisk until smooth and bubbly.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add sausage meat and break it down with a wooden spoon. Next add the veg. Cook on medium heat for 6-8 min..
- Add tomato puree and water, continue cooking for another 4-5 min. The mixture must be fairly dry. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220. Pour a good spoonful of cooking oil into a large ramekin. Heat in the oven for about 10 mins..
- Remove from oven. Add meat and veg mix evenly into each ramekin. Pour in the pie mixture evenly and give a quick mix with a fork. Put back immediately into hot oven. Leave to cook for 25 min. Do not open the oven door. Serve with veg and gravy 😀.
With a rainbow of winter root veg, pork sausages and pesto sauce, this easy traybake recipe is perfect for family dinners. Find Dinner ideas at Tesco Real Food. Thanks to St Phillips Church for letting us use their kitchen. 😋. PagesOtherCommunityThe Friendly Food ClubVideosMmmm sausage veg mash& gravy. This pie makes a lovely light supper dish.