New York Style Cheese Cake. Recipe by: Chef John "This is my favorite recipe for New York-style cheesecake, and includes a great technique for letting the citrus-kissed cake finish in the oven, so that no crack forms when the cake cools.". New York-style cheesecake is my husband Michael's favorite dessert. Pour boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan and carefully transfer to oven.
After all these years of blogging, I realized that I have a dozens of cheesecake recipes, but non for a classic, go-to, basic cheesecake. In order to make it right, I get back to the start with this New York Style Cheesecake recipe. In the body of a blender or food processor combine graham crackers, sugar, and salt; blend until the crackers have been completely pulsed to crumbs. You conclude heating boil New York Style Cheese Cake practicing 11 ingredients along with 18 including. Here is how you cook.
process of New York Style Cheese Cake
- Prepare 15 of graham crackers.
- You need 5 tablespoons of butter melted.
- You need 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- It's 4-8 oz of packages of cream cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2/3 cups of sour cream.
- You need 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- It's 2 tablespoons of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Make sure all ingredients are room tempreture before starting.
Here's the recipe for the New York-style cheesecake. New York Cheesecake Recipes New York cheesecakes are rich and dense, and are often made with sour cream as well as cream cheese. Find a new favorite NY cheesecake recipe, plus ratings, reviews, and baking tips. Position an oven shelf in the middle of the oven.
New York Style Cheese Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- In food processor or large ziplock bag, crush graham crackers into fine crumbs..
- Add the melted butter and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Mix until crumbs are well covered with butter. It should look like wet sand..
- In a 9 inch spring form pan, spray with non stick spray. Pour the crumbs into pan and press crumbs on bottom and up sides of pan evenly as possible..
- Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove and place on baking rack to cool. Lower oven to 325..
- In large mixing bowl, using stand or hand mixture, cream the 4 packs of cream cheese about 4 minutes or until smooth..
- Add the granulated sugar to cream cheese. Mix on high until smooth. About a minute..
- Add the eggs one at a time. Beat on high just until eggs are combined before adding the next egg..
- Add the vanilla, salt and sour cream. Add the 2/3 cup heavy cream. Mix until well combined..
- Place a oven safe cooking bag around spring form pan. Using heavy duty foil, wrap sides and bottom of pan crimping foil at top lip of pan. This keeps the water from ruining your cheese cake..
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into pan. Smooth the top and spread to even..
- In a deep pan big enough to hold the spring form pan, place the cheesecake inside the roaster or cassarole pan..
- Add hot water to outer pan. Water should come halfway up spring form pan..
- Place on lower third of oven carefully. Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes. If you like a denser cheesecake, cook 2 hours without opening door..
- After the time is up, slightly crack open oven door and let cake sit undisturbed for 1 hour..
- After 1 hour, remove the springform pan from water bath. Place in refrigerator on cooling rack for 6 hours or preferably over night. Do not cover..
- If you like the sour cream topping that is shown i will make a seperate recipe after this..
- Remove spring form pan and serve with topping of choice..
I've made cheesecakes many times, only to have them crack and sink after cooling. With the tips that I picked up on allrecipes.com, Chantal's New York Cheesecake was a hit with my family & friends. After cooling, the top remained level and the center firmed up. The top was a beautiful golden brown with no dry edges. For New York Style Cheesecake omit lemon juice and sour cream.