Skillet Shepherd's Pie. Shepherd's pie originated in the United Kingdom. It's called Shepherd's Pie because it's made with ground lamb, and shepherd's tend the sheep in the fields. If it's made with ground beef, it's technically not a Shepherd's Pie but a Cottage Pie.
It's an easy and quite basic dish to put together, that's been around for a very long time and there are probably hundreds of variations of it. Skillet Shepherd's Pie A delicious mixture of seasoned ground beef and vegetables is topped with a layer of mashed potatoes, sprinkled with cheddar cheese, and baked until golden brown. This Skillet Shepherd's Pie is a quick and easy version of the classic dish. You fulfill heating brew Skillet Shepherd's Pie accepting 13 process and 3 along with. Here is how you do one proud.
method of Skillet Shepherd's Pie
- You need 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped Onion.
- You need 2 cup of Frozen Corn, Thawed.
- It's 2 cup of Frozen Peas, Thawed.
- It's 2 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worchestershire Sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of Minced Garlic.
- It's 1 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Beef Bouillion Granules.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cold Water.
- It's 1/2 cup of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 3 1/2 of Mashed Potatoes(made with milk and butter).
- Prepare 3/4 of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
Shepherd's pie is great comfort food and suprisingly quick to make. With leftover mashed potatoes, this recipe can be made in a matter of minutes. The ground beef filling has great flavor, with a natural gravy and goes really well with many types of veggies mixed in. This Skillet Shepherd's Pie has delicious and flavorful beef, onions, carrots and corn topped with buttery and creamy mashed potatoes with parmesan cheese.
Skillet Shepherd's Pie one at a time
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, peas, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes..
- Combine the cornstarch, bouillon and water until well blended; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and heat through (do not boil)..
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted. Freeze option: Prepare beef mixture as directed but do not add sour cream. Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a large skillet, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Stir in sour cream and proceed as directed.
Baked to golden perfection in a skillet for a satisfying dinner. Rich and flavorful beef shepherd's pie recipe, made easy in one skillet! Ground beef, tender vegetables, and fluffy mashed potatoes… what could be better! Classic comfort food, made with readily available ground beef, sautéed mushrooms and vegetables, and a rich savory gravy sauce, all topped with fluffy mashed potatoes. Stir in hot water, milk, sauce mix and uncooked pasta (from Hamburger Helper box) and thawed vegetables.