Chhatu Besara (Mushrooms in mustard gravy). Mushrooms are rich in vitamins. easy to cook, you know about differnt types of #Musroomrecipes In Odisha and Bengal Mushroom ias called "Chattu" and it is cooked with a traditional masala " besara" called ଆମ୍ବୁଲ ଛତୁ ବେଶର l Odia Chatu besara l Mushroom in mustard gravy l Authentic Odia recipe. Mushrooms are called Chaatu in Bengali and Odia. My Mom cooks mushrooms the only way i love them. in mustard paste.
Mushroom Mustard Curry/Chatu Besara is a traditional dish made predominantly in the region of Odisha. Mushroom cooked in a very simple way with Mustard paste. In this recipe mushrooms are cooked in mustard paste. You fix stewing scald Chhatu Besara (Mushrooms in mustard gravy) testing 10 procedure including 3 as a consequence. Here you are fulfill.
process of Chhatu Besara (Mushrooms in mustard gravy)
- You need 250 gms of mushrooms.
- You need 2 of small potatoes.
- It's 1 of medium onion.
- It's 2 of large deshi tomatoes.
- You need 2 of green chillies.
- It's 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of panch phutan.
- It's 2 tbsp of mustard oil.
- It's as per taste of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of mustard paste.
Heat the pan and add oil. Add mushrooms and fry till golden brown. Take out and keep… Add fried mushrooms with the boiled potato cubes and cook till the gravy thickens a bit. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
Chhatu Besara (Mushrooms in mustard gravy) prescription
- Cut potatoes into thin slices and dip in water. Clean and cut the mushrooms into thin slices and deep in 1 tsp turmeric water. Chop the onion, tomatoes and green chilli. Squeeze the extra water from the chopped mushrooms. Take a kadhai and heat the mustard oil. Add the panch phutan. When it crackle mix chopped onion and green chilli and cook till translucent..
- Then add the chopped potatoes, turmeric power. Mix well and cook till half done. Mix chopped tomatoes and mushrooms and cook till water evaporate and potato, mushroom are softened..
- Mix the besara or mustard paste now. Adjust the quantity of water to make gravy and salt as per taste. Allow to boil 2 minutes with cover. Delicious and tangy Chhatu Besara is ready to serve with hot rice. Thanks.
This vegetarian and vegan mushroom gravy recipe, flavored with poultry seasoning and onions, would go with lentil loaf or even a Thanksgiving tofurky. It can best be described as meaty or brothy. Dried shiitake mushrooms, in particular, are especially full of umami. This is my Grandma's recipe that she gave me when I got married. Pork chops are baked then served with a rich mushroom sauce.