Gajar halwa/ Indian carrot pudding. Add the carrots, milk and water to the pot. Open the valve to quick release any remaining pressure. Gajar Ka Halwa is a Quick & Easy Indian Carrot Pudding, a traditional North Indian sweet dish which can be enjoyed either hot or cold.
Heat carrots and half-and-half to boiling in saucepan; reduce heat. Carrot halwa or gajar halwa recipe - A slow cooked traditional Indian halwa or pudding made by simmering carrots in milk. Carrot halwa is popularly known as gajar ka halwa, gajrela or gajar halwa. You pull off steaming decoct Gajar halwa/ Indian carrot pudding using 5 procedure including 6 than. Here you are get someplace.
modus operandi of Gajar halwa/ Indian carrot pudding
- You need 1 kg of carrots.
- You need Half of cup melted unsalted butter or ghee.
- It's Half of cup sugar.
- It's 1 cup of full fat milk or 1/2 cup full cream.
- It's 1/2 cup of Chopped raisins, pistachios, almonds, cashews.
It makes its presence in most special occasions like festivals, celebrations and parties. Carrot halwa is one of the classic Indian sweets that would not fail to impress anyone. The crunch of the toasted nuts make it the perfect meal-ender or tea time snack. If your carrots are bland, increase the sugar accordingly; the sweetness of the carrots makes a huge difference in the finished pudding.
Gajar halwa/ Indian carrot pudding compound
- Wash, peel, grate carrots.
- Add the butter and carrots in a pan and cook till the carrots are soft. Keep stirring..
- Now add sugar to it. Keep stirring. The carrots should change colour to a bit darker shade..
- Now add milk/ cream to it. And cook at sim. Stir occassionaly. Cook till the entire milk/ cream evaporates..
- Now add dry fruits. Save some for garnishing later..
- Serve hot or cold..
Some people prefer a looser halwa, but Ms. Kumar loves the caramelized notes that emerge when the pudding is cooked a little longer. Gajar ka Halwa, also known as carrot halwa or Gajrela is Indian dessert or sweet which is a winter delicacy. Gajar Halwa is made with juicy red carrots, milk sugar and a lot of dry fruits and nuts. The recipe is simple and super easy though it requires a lot of patience because of slow cooking.