Old fashioned meatloaf. Find & Share Your Favorite Dishes! Find Old Fashioned Meat Loaf Now! Mix ground beef, salt, pepper, onion, bell pepper, egg, tomatoes and oats together well and place in a baking dish.
This classic meatloaf recipe is one of our favorite down-home recipes. Just like mom used to make, we could never grow tired of eating meatloaf served with creamy mashed potatoes and green peas. Not like we need another meatloaf recipe, but I figured I'd should post my Grandma's for people like me who like a quick easy meatloaf without a lot of fuss. You organize steaming nuke Old fashioned meatloaf adopting 14 prescription furthermore 4 and. Here you are carry out.
prescription of Old fashioned meatloaf
- It's 2 lbs of 80/20 ground beef.
- You need 1 of sleeve crushed butter crackers, I used Ritz.
- You need of I egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 of heaping tbsp minced onion.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of season salt.
- It's 1 tsp of each onion and garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- It's of Tangy ketchup mix:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 of heaping tbsp brown sugar.
- It's 2 of heaping tbsp soy sauce.
- It's to taste of Pepper, onion and garlic powders.
I also have substituted the garlic. An Old Fashioned Meatloaf that is tender, juicy and just the way Grandma made it. It's hard to beat a really comforting meal with old fashioned meatloaf, creamy mashed potatoes, oven roasted green beans and topped with the best mushroom gravy. Throw in a couple of savory pumpkin rolls or garlic cheddar biscuits and you have one highly comforting meal!!
Old fashioned meatloaf in succession
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl combine the meat with the next 8 ingredients. I use my clean hands to stir my meat mixture. I fold it over and over itself until it just fully combines. Don’t over mix it..
- In a glass baking dish shape your meat into an evenly shaped rectangle so it cooks evenly. My loaf usually rounds out a bit during baking. Slide it into the oven and bake uncovered 45 minutes..
- In the meantime, make your ketchup mixture. Combine all the ingredients and whisk. After 45 minutes, take the loaf out of the oven and spoon a heavy layer on top of the meatloaf to the edges. Bake 15-20 minutes longer, uncovered..
- Pull your meatloaf out of the oven and move it to a platter. Let it sit for about 5 minutes before slicing. I like extra sauce spooned over my slice..
The Best Old Fashioned Meatloaf Recipe You Will Eat. I LOVE to cook it in the meatloaf recipe in a glass "bread" pan that was my grandparents, and besides the chip on one side, it still does the job! I swear it makes it taste better even though I can't prove it! You can also take this recipe and make individual meatloaves. I was looking for a recipe for a simple, old-fashioned meatloaf to make for my six grandchildren.