Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce. Rich and savory portobello mushroom ragu served over creamy cheese polenta — a flavor bomb vegetarian main dish! Are you're craving polenta for dinner? Although the combo of cheesy polenta and this crazy-good sauce tastes totally indulgent, I have no problem whatsoever tagging this recipe.
For the polenta I used regular, cooked and molded and grilled instead of soft. Essentually used the recipe for polenta with fontina and spinach (CL) but I. If the sauce seems thin, concentrate it by boiling rapidly for a few minutes. You take care of business stewing spoil Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce employing 18 receipt furthermore 5 steps. Here you are attain.
ingredients of Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce
- Prepare of For the meatloaf - polpettone :.
- Prepare 400 g of good quality mince.
- It's 50 g of chopped ham.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of Parmesan.
- You need of Small slice of bread.
- Prepare Splash of milk.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It's of For the sauce :.
- It's of Small amount of chopped carrots onions and celery.
- It's 250 g of mushrooms - I used a bag of mixed, frozen mushrooms.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Glug of white wine.
- It's 200 ml of stock.
- Prepare of Polenta :.
- It's Packet of ready made rolled polenta.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Pour a little sauce on a warm serving platter, arrange the meat slices, then This reminds me of a Marcella Hazan recipe for winter meatballs with a similar method, mashing bread and milk, mixing pancetta and parmesan into. Divide polenta among bowls and top with mushrooms, thyme leaves, sea salt, and more Parmesan. I didn't have polenta and I just made it with couscous. I imagine its extremely delicious with the polenta and I am definitely looking forward to trying that.
Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce compound
- Tear up the bread, put in a bowl, add a splash of milk. Leave to soak for a few minutes. Put mince in a bowl. Add all meatloaf ingredients. Mix up well using your hands.
- Turn out onto cling film. Shape into a sausage. Roll up and leave it in the fridge for an hour. Here's a picture of the polenta. Preheat oven to 200.
- Sauté carrots, onions and celery in a little oil. Add mushrooms and turn up the heat. After 5+6 minutes, add the wine and let it evaporate. Now turn down the heat and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Place polenta on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place meatloaf in a baking tray too. Now bake both together for about 25-30 mins. Turn polenta and meatloaf once during cooking. Meanwhile, using a hand blender, whizz up the sauce to your liking and keep warm. Rest meatloaf for a few minutes when cooked.
- Carve up, plate up and enjoy 😁.
For the mushrooms. ½ ounce dried porcini mushrooms. Put the polenta in a warmed bowl, then top with mushrooms and the sauce. For the sauce, heat the remaining sunflower oil in a pan and saute the shallot and garlic until soft over medium heat. Deglaze with white wine and let it reduce by about half. Puree the sauce with an immersion blender, stir in the sour cream, and add the sauteed mushrooms.