Lemon drizzle cake.
You make ready roasting scorch Lemon drizzle cake testing 15 receipt along with 7 together with. Here you go rack up.
program of Lemon drizzle cake
- Prepare of For the cake:.
- Prepare 125 g of soft unsalted butter (a bit warmer than room temperature).
- Prepare 175 g of caster sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need of Zest of 1 lemon (or two if you like a sharper taste).
- You need 175 g of self raising flour.
- It's Pinch of salt.
- You need 4 tablespoon of whole milk.
- You need of For the lemon syrup 🍋.
- It's of Juice of 2 lemons.
- Prepare 90 g of icing sugar.
- It's of (optional) vanilla and elderflower.
- You need of For the glaze.
- You need of Juice of a lemon.
- Prepare 150 g of icing sugar.
Lemon drizzle cake process
- Preheat oven to 180 Deg, butter and line the tin with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until it almost doubles in size. Add lemon zest and eggs, beat them until they're well mixed.
- Fold in flour and salt, just enough until the flour combines with the rest. Add milk (not necessarily all 4 spoons) and mix well.
- Pour batter in tin and put in the oven for 45-50 mins. (Skewer test).
- For the syrup, put the lemon juice and icing sugar into a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Add elderflower/vanilla and lemon zest to taste (more lemon zest/juice if you like a sharper lemon taste).
- When the cake is baked, skewer it all over and evenly pour the warm lemon syrup and let it cool for at least an hour.
- For the glaze, whisk together the icing sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake.