Kala Jamun. Kala jamun recipe with step by step photos. Easy and delicious recipe of kala jamun made with khoya and paneer. The difference between gulab jamun and kala jamun is the color and texture.
This mithai gives you the wondrous feeling of biting into a gulab jamun but in a more handy form! Kala Jamun is made with a perfect mix of hariyali khoya and maida to get super soft jamuns, which are deep-fried and dipped in warm sugar syrup to make a lovely semi-dry sweet. This mithai is ideal to serve at parties or to send across to friends as you don't have to worry about sugar syrup. You engage in steaming grill Kala Jamun adopting 13 receipt moreover 8 including. Here you go produce.
instructions of Kala Jamun
- It's 200 g of soft khoya/mawa/dried evaporated milk solids.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh cottage cheese/paneer (roughly from 1 ltrs of milk).
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of maida/all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp of milk.
- Prepare of Oil To fry.
- Prepare of *****.
- You need of For Sugar syrup:.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sater.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1 Tbsp of rose water.
- You need 2-3 of green cardamom pods, crushed.
- Prepare Pinch of saffron.
Jamun is a black plum that aids in skin care and weight loss, relieves stomach pain, and boosts immunity. It can be used in salads, desserts, juices, and smoothies. The Journal of Food Chemistry suggests that antioxidant-rich foods help treat many skin diseases. With plenty of vitamin A, vitamin E, and other antioxidants, jamun may help improve the.
Kala Jamun program
- In a bowl grate khoya, mashed it well using hands, so that there is no lumps. In a separate bowl mash fresh cottage cheese very well, it shouldn't look grainy any more..
- Add mashed cottage cheese to the khoya bowl, add flour, milk and gently mix everything using hands.Form into a smooth dough. (Don't over mix/Knead the dough for too long. stop once everything is mixed thoroughly).
- Pinch small marble sized balls from the dough and roll them in a round shape between your palms,applying gentle pressure. If you want you can keep the balls round or make it oblong cylindrical shape. Shape all the dough and keep them covered..
- In a heavy bottom pan mix sugar and water. When sugar is completely dissolved, add lemon juice and mix..
- Cook the sugar water mixture on medium heat till it becomes thin syrup like consistency. Switch off the gas. Add rose water, cardamom and saffron..
- In a deep frying pan heat oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, slide a small ball of dough to the oil. The dough ball should slowly rise up and start floating. It indicates the right temperature of oil..
- Slide in the shaped dough balls in batches. Reduce the heat to medium. Once the jamuns start floating on top, gently keep on turning them to make sure even browning. Fry till it looks dark brown in colour..
- Drain excess oil in a paper towel and quickly add to warm sugar syrup.Cover and allow the jamuns to soak in the sugar syrup at least 4-5 hours or preferably overnight..
Hello guys in this video i have prepared ,Kala jamun recipe. In other kinds of gulab jamun, sugar is put in the batter, and after frying, the sugar caramelize, provides it with its darkish, almost black color, which happens to be then known as kala jamun or "black jamun". The sugar syrup may be substituted with (a little) diluted maple syrup to get a gulab jamun with a Canadian taste. Jamun is known by different names such as jambul, jambas, jamun, jambolan, rajaman, kala jamun, neredu, naval, nerale, jamali, java plum, black plum and blackberry. Jamun for diabetes treatment The jamun fruit and jamun leaves are good for diabetes patient.