Carrot and Brown Lentil Soup with Ground Egusi and Bherebhere Spice. Move ground beef to soup pot. Heat a tiny bit more olive oil and saute the onions and celery until they're starting to soften. Put the kettle on to boil while you finely slice the onion.
How To make Egusi soup In Nigeria, Learn To make this delicious Nigerian soup. This recipe shows you how to prepare Egusi soup with lumps. Vegan red lentil soup with carrots, lentils, and a tomato base. You perform brewing curry Carrot and Brown Lentil Soup with Ground Egusi and Bherebhere Spice adopting 13 method than 5 as a consequence. Here you go score.
ingredients of Carrot and Brown Lentil Soup with Ground Egusi and Bherebhere Spice
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of Medium Onion, finely chopped.
- It's 1 Cup of Peeled, washed, finely diced carrots.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Dried Garlic Flakes.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Bherebhere Spice.
- You need 1 1/2 Cup of Brown Lentils.
- It's 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Stock Granules.
- It's 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- It's 50 g of Tomato Paste.
- It's 4 Cups of hot water.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- It's 2 tablespoons of ground egusi.
- You need 1 Cup of hot water.
The brown rice can be replaced with quinoa, millet, or other grains, or simply left out and the soup served on its own. Stir in the carrots, and cook for another minute or two. Add the garlic, ginger, and spices, stirring to coat the. Lentils — I use brown, red, or French lentils to make the soup and add them uncooked.
Carrot and Brown Lentil Soup with Ground Egusi and Bherebhere Spice singly
- Sauté onion, carrots and garlic flakes on medium heat in the coconut oil for 15 minutes..
- Add the bherebhere spice and lentils. Sauté for 10 minutes. Then add the vegetable stock granules, cayenne pepper and tomato paste. Stir and sauté for 20 minutes on low heat..
- Add 4 cups of hot water and the salt, stir and put the lid on. Add the first 2 cups, then another cups after 10 minutes and the 4th cup after 10 minutes..
- Add the egusi and 1 Cup hot water..
- Cook for 20 minutes and serve with asparagus, blanched in water and fried in butter and seasoned with salt and pepper..
The lentils cook up to be soft, plus I love the nutritional benefits Garlic, onion and carrots add nutrients, texture, and color to the soup. Ground cumin, ground coriander, and ground turmeric add spice and color. A delicious, spicy lentil and carrot soup is the perfect lunch-time snack if you're watching your weight. Beautifully spiced Moroccan lentil soup with red lentils and chickpeas. Here's How To Make Moroccan Lentil Soup.