Idli dhokla. Idli dhokla appears like a idli but taste completely different from it. You can very easily prepare this idli dhokla anytime very easily and serve it instantly. This Idli dhokla is not just the dhokla in the shape of Idli.
Idli Dhokla is Instant Dhokla, an extremely popular Indian snack made in idli maker using besan (chickpea flour), dahi (yogurt), sooji (semolina), and few other ingredients. We have used idli batter to make the instant khatta dhokla recipe. Rice, dals, fermented food in general are a bit difficult to digest. You undertake boiling barbecue Idli dhokla accepting 12 ingredients than 9 so. Here you go effect.
process of Idli dhokla
- It's 1 cup of besan.
- You need 1 cup of suji.
- It's 1/2 cup of curd.
- You need 1 pouch of eno.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- It's 1 tbsp of oil.
- It's 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- You need Some of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 tbsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juice.
- It's 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It's 2 of slit green chillies.
Dhokla is one of the specialities of Gujarati cuisine and is enjoyed as a snack. This is an easy-to-make snack recipe that can be prepared anytime and is best enjoyed with. Dhokla is a vegetarian culinary dish that is found mainly in the Indian state of Gujarat and parts of adjacent states. Rice Dhokla: These steamed cakes are made with a batter of rice and lentils along with vegetables.
Idli dhokla technique
- Take a bowl.add suji, besan,curd, some salt, and baking soda. Mix it well. Keep it aside for 15 mins..
- Grease the idli module..
- After 15 mnts add eno and place the batter in greasing module..
- Microwave for 4 mnts. U can also steam it on gas for 15 to 2o mnts..
- Then a take a pan.add oil heat it well. Add mustard seeds. Let them crackle..
- Then add slit green chilli and some curry leaves. Saute it.then add 1 cup water and sugar.
- Switch off the gas and add lemon juice..
- Pour this tadka on idli dhokla and keep it a side for 5 mnts..
- Serve hot with green chutney..
Traditionally in Gujarat and Maharashtra, the batter is prepared from scratch. Gram flour, curd cheese, green chili peppers, ginger, salt, turmeric, vegetable oil, curry leaves, mustard seeds, cilantro. We call this safed dhokla aka white dhokla. Because on occasion we make yellow colored dhokla where chana dal is used. So the color name used to differentiate both.