Saffron and Mung dal halwa (Saffron and Petite yellow lentil fondant). I prepared this…» Mung dal halwa probably comes second to ' Gajar ka halwa (Carrot Halwa), when you talk about Indian winter special desserts. This one is also gluten free. NEW POST Moong Dal Halwa - very famous Indian dessert made with moong dal (lentil) & flavored with ghee, saffron & cardamom! I topped it with some nuts & edible silver leaves!
Here is my easier take, a pressure cooker version of my mom-in-law's family-famous recipe. Moong Daal Halwa Recipe, Mung dal Meetha , How To Make Moong Daal Halwa Recipe. Cooked in milk and garnished with almonds and saffron, this is an absolute royal Moong daal Halwa is a very popular Jodhpuri Indian dessert. You take care of business grilling brown Saffron and Mung dal halwa (Saffron and Petite yellow lentil fondant) proving 7 modus operandi including 6 and. Here you go cook.
method of Saffron and Mung dal halwa (Saffron and Petite yellow lentil fondant)
- It's 1/2 cup of Mung dal (Petite yellow lentils) soaked in water overnight.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Caster sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted ghee (or unsalted butter).
- Prepare 150 ml of milk.
- You need of Few strands of saffron.
- Prepare of Ground Cardamom to garnish.
- It's of Your choice of nuts (chopped) to garnish.
Sweets especially a wide variety of Halwas are the traditional exotic. Moong Dal Halwa is a delicacy of the state of Rajasthan. It is a rich, creamy and pudding-like dessert. Made with split yellow moong dal, this is a popular and delicious dessert Add cardamom powder and saffron; set aside.
Saffron and Mung dal halwa (Saffron and Petite yellow lentil fondant) in succession
- Drain the water from the mung dal and grind coarsely.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the ghee and add the coarsely ground mung dal. Roast for dal for about 10-15 minutes stirring continuously (until the raw mung dal aroma is gone). The dal mix should be a lovely golden yellow colour and fragrant.
- In a separate pan, warm the milk and dissolve in the sugar. Bring to boil. Take off the heat and stir in few strands of saffron to give the milk a lovely saffron hue..
- Add the hot sugary milk to the roasted mung dal. [The mixture will sizzle so be careful].
- Stir continuously until the milk is absorbed and ghee starts to separate..
- Take off the heat, mix in the ground cardamom. Plate the halwa garnish with cardamom and your choice of chopped nuts.
In a non-stick or heavy bottom frying pan add moong dal paste and melted butter. Moong Dal Halwa Recipe with step by step photos. Moong Dal Halwa is an addictive and delicious halwa variety made from mung lentils and ghee (clarified butter). Moong dal halwa is delicious and one of the sweets you cannot stop eating. but making this halwa takes a lot of time and effort. Moong Dal or the husked yellow Moong Halwa is a popular confection in the northern and north western regions of India.